Forklifts, also known as lift trucks, are extensively used in manufacturing facilities, warehouses, distribution points and other locations where heavy material handling is involved.
Choosing the right one is critical, whether it is a new or used forklift, as it can affect operations, productivity and return on investment.
To know more about forklift tyres, Visit https://www.aexus.com.sg/forklift-tyres.
Image source : google
To begin with, the basic factors that you need to keep in mind while choosing forklift are as follows:
- – Average weight, volume and height of goods to be lifted
- – Type of material to be handled
- – Usage details related to hours of operation, number of loads per hour and number and duration of shifts per day
- – The terrain where the forklift will be used.
- – Accessories required for material handling
- – Whether for indoor or outdoor operation or both
Based on the above, the following features may be taken into account:
- – Capacity of the forklift for sale. These trucks are rated by the weight they can lift. Based on your load size and future needs, the right capacity must be chosen so that there is scope for accommodating an increase later.
- – Height that the forklift must reach to load the material.
- – Size of the aisle where the truck must be operated since the standard lift truck will require at least eleven feet to navigate. If the area of operation is smaller, an appropriately sized truck must be chosen.
It is not mandatory to first buy a new forklift. You can also rent one to get a feel of it before deciding to buy. Don’t forget to request a demonstration and details of preventative maintenance plans.